Monday, October 4, 2010
The girls absolutely loved the 2.5 tons of sand that was delivered, must have been like Christmas for them. I must say that I do have an excellent group of friends! This last weekend we laid down curbing around the house and created a tree ring in the front. This required almost 30 hours of preparation time by me mostly consisting of try to level and compact the ground where the curbing would go, and only 5 hours to install all the curbing and clean up all of the equipment. As with most home improvement projects it seems as though the prep work is both the hardest and the most important. Now to the part that you really want to see, the pictures!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Today I got all of the pipes flushed out and all of the nozzles and heads in place and roughly set for their zones. I must admin despite the cold it was fun being sprayed by the sprinklers as I ran around the hard to and from the valve box. Now all that remains is a little bit of prep work on the drip lines and wiring.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
No pictures today and darkness fell before I had a chance. Today I pressurized the valve box, tightened it up, and then managed to get the east boulevard installed and hooked together underneath the sidewalk. With the boxes finally finished up, progress should be steady in the evenings if the weather can manage to stay above 60 degrees.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Today was another end-of-fall weather day. Windy, and probably not much over 60 degrees at any point in the day. What happened to the summer? Nevertheless, work continued. Today the valve boxes were completed, though I ran out of daylight before pressure testing them. All of the copper pipe is assembled for the connection and nearly completely tested.
Well, the first day went very well. We got nearly all of the Pipe in the ground, and even a few of the spray heads. Special thanks to Clint (not pictured), Andrew, David, and my father in law Steve for helping out. Also, here is the pipe plan to provide some idea of what we did. We pulled all the pipe in about 3 hours with the pipe puller.
Friday, September 3, 2010
And so it begins. After an entire summer of procrastinating, raking, planning, contemplating, and generally fussing way too much about it, I'm going to start putting in the sprinklers tomorrow. Here is the necessary before pictures of the back and front.