Sunday, September 19, 2010

It is finished!

And now I can say that I've installed a sprinkler system. Finished all the electrical and some miscellaneous drip work. It feels so good to be finished.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Testing complete

Today I got all of the pipes flushed out and all of the nozzles and heads in place and roughly set for their zones. I must admin despite the cold it was fun being sprayed by the sprinklers as I ran around the hard to and from the valve box. Now all that remains is a little bit of prep work on the drip lines and wiring.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

MUD glorious MUD

I have made mud! There was just enough daylight for me to flush and set both of the spray zones with complete success. Tomorrow weather permitting I should be able to test the other 9 zones and prepare for wiring on Saturday. So exciting!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 11

I can see the finish line now. Only 6 more sprinklers to install and then wiring and testing. Might get my normal life back by Sunday night!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Captain Irony

Last two nights have been successful for installation. Several sprinklers in the ground each night and visible progress is being made. Tonight it rained, so I'm thinking that perhaps I don't need this after all :)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 3

No pictures today and darkness fell before I had a chance. Today I pressurized the valve box, tightened it up, and then managed to get the east boulevard installed and hooked together underneath the sidewalk. With the boxes finally finished up, progress should be steady in the evenings if the weather can manage to stay above 60 degrees.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 2

Today was another end-of-fall weather day. Windy, and probably not much over 60 degrees at any point in the day. What happened to the summer? Nevertheless, work continued. Today the valve boxes were completed, though I ran out of daylight before pressure testing them. All of the copper pipe is assembled for the connection and nearly completely tested.

Irrigation day 1

Well, the first day went very well. We got nearly all of the Pipe in the ground, and even a few of the spray heads. Special thanks to Clint (not pictured), Andrew, David, and my father in law Steve for helping out. Also, here is the pipe plan to provide some idea of what we did. We pulled all the pipe in about 3 hours with the pipe puller.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Irrigation Extravaganza!

And so it begins. After an entire summer of procrastinating, raking, planning, contemplating, and generally fussing way too much about it, I'm going to start putting in the sprinklers tomorrow. Here is the necessary before pictures of the back and front.